Monday to Saturday: 8.00 - 18.00
Exhibition opens: 8.30 - 17.30
During second semester of 2023, with the opening of the Science Gateway, new opening times and days will be published. Check back later on this site.
- Exceptional CERN Closures in 2023
- From Friday 7 April to Monday 10 April inclusive (Easter weekend)
- Monday 1 May (Labor Day)
- Thursday 18 May (Ascension)
- Monday 29 May (Whitsun)
1, Esplanade des Particules
Click on the image below to download a printable version
Car/bus park is reserved to CERN visitors, parking during the night is forbidden and access to car/bus park during the night is not guaranteed.
- By car / coach
- Latitude: 46.2330 N or 46° 13' 59"
- Longitude: 6.0556 E or 6° 3' 20"
- From Geneva, follow signs for Aéroport then Meyrin.
- From A1 motorway, take Exit 5 Meyrin, follow the signs for Meyrin.
- Once in Meyrin Village, follow signs for St. Genis and take the tunnel.
- 800m after the tunnel, at the roundabout before the Globe, exit on the right and follow signage to reach the car park located behind the Globe.
From France (Ain):
- Follow signs for St. Genis, then Genève.
- Once you have crossed the border, continue to the roundabout after the Globe, exit on the left and follow signage to reach the car park located behind the Globe.
- Visitors can park free of charge in the car park located behind the Globe of Science and Innovation.
- Parking is allowed only for the duration of the visit.
- No parking is allowed at night.
- Violating vehicles may be towed at the car owner's expense.
- In case CERN visitors car park is full, an alternative pay car park is available next to French customs at Centre sportif de Maisonnex
- By train / public transport
From Geneva Cornavin train station: Tram - 2 to 3 CHF – 21-minute ride
- Take tram 18 to "CERN", which is the terminus. The stop is located between the Globe and the CERN Reception.
- Purchase a "Tout Genève" ticket (3 CHF full fare / 2 CHF reduced fare) at a ticket machine (cash and credit cards accepted) before entering the tram
- Note that most Geneva hotels offer free public transport passes. Don't forget to ask for one if you stay in a hotel in Geneva.
From France: Bus
- Take bus 68 (direction ‘Blandonnet’) to the “CERN” stop
See the public transport web site for full details.
- By plane
From Geneva International Airport (GVA - Cointrin)
Taxi - approximately 35 CHF - 15-minute ride
Public transport - 3 CHF - approx. 30-minute ride
- You can already buy your public transport ticket at the automatic machine in the baggage reclaim area before passing the customs control
- Take bus 23 (to ‘Carouge Tours’), bus 28 (to ‘Les Esserts’), but 56 (to 'Hôpital de La Tour') or bus 57 (to ‘ZIMEYSA-Gare’), get off at ‘Blandonnet’, then catch tram 18 to ‘CERN’.
- The final stop, ‘CERN’, is located between the Globe and the CERN Reception.
See the public transport website for full details.