Guided tours are currently authorized, but, depending on the evolution of the pandemic, they may be subject to cancellation - More information
|Our guided tours are free of charge|
|From Monday to Saturday
|Tours last between 2 and 3 hours depending on availability
It is not possible to leave a tour before the end
|For groups of 12 to 48 visitors|
Registration available 9 months in advance
|Recommended for ages 12+
Minors must be accompanied by at least one adult
Groups of minors must be accompanied by at least 2 adults
|Most tours will require the use of a coach
CERN has a limited number of coaches available
Having your own coach for the tour increases your chance of getting a place
|Up to 30 languages (depending on guide availability)
French and English always available
|Requests from tour operators will be systematically rejected
Requests for school/university groups must be submitted via an official school or university e-mail address
- Tours consist of a video introduction to CERN, followed by a visit of two areas on the site, such as control rooms, research facilities, engineering facilities, etc.
- Tours take place both indoors and outdoors.
- The final tour programme is decided at the last minute in order to take operational and safety constraints into account. Therefore, the exact programme cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that the vast majority of our tours do not include underground visits and that the LHC tunnel cannot be visited.
In addition to your tour, you can explore our permanent exhibitions: Microcosm, situated next to the Reception and the Universe of Particles, located on the ground floor of the Globe of Science and Innovation.
The availability of group guided tours depends on various parameters: your group category and size, the requested language, your country of origin (to guarantee a fair balance between countries), whether or not you have your own coach, the requested dates, etc.
It is not unlikely that all capacity is booked months in advance. It is recommended to book as early as possible (maximum 9 months in advance).
Procedure for booking a guided tour for groups
- Click on button below to access booking form
- Define your group profile (category, number of visitors, language, country, transport etc.).
- Pick one available date. If no date is available try again another day.
- Provide contact information about your group and submit your request.
Your request will be approved or rejected by the Visits Service within five working days. Wait for your guided tour to be approved before making firm travel and accommodation arrangements.
Once your guided tour has been approved, you will be requested to provide details of all the members of your party (last name, first name, date of birth, place of birth, country of birth and nationality), 21 days before your tour is due to take place at the latest. Failure to do so may lead to the cancellation of your guided tour. More information on what we do with visitor’s personal data.
To provide visitors information, an account is required. You can use a CERN, eduGAIN, Google, LinkedIn, GitHub or Facebook account. Alternatively, you can create a CERN guest account. Make sure your account is identified with the same e-mail you used for your booking request.
|Request for a guided tour for groups|